Surface Recovery’s chemical immersion cleaning process is used for organic paint stripping, coating removal and rust removal from both ferrous and non-ferrous metals. Chemical immersion is an ideal process for complex metal stampings, aluminum forgings and castings. SRT proprietary chemical processes are provided in different tanks using baskets with overhead hoists. The tanks are setup for the following services:
- Aluminum Wheels / OEM or Aftermarket Aluminum Wheels works well in chemical immersion avoid the damage by using chemical immersion vs being dinged and damaged by media blast
- Steel parts used in finished goods can be chemically immersed to strip and clean items with close tolerances
- Brightening and Rust removal is chemical immersion provide the clean etched surface for easy paint adhesion.
- Rust prevention is chemical immersion to provide up to 30 days of rust prevention before paint is applied.
Non Ferrous Metals (Tank Capacity 6′ x6′ x 6′)
- Ferrous Metals (Tank Capacity 6′ x 6′ x 12′)
During the chemical immersion process, paint is removed from parts through submersion into water-based chemical solutions, which surround the metal, removes the organics and provides a clean part for your parts washers before the re-paint. After the part is cleaned and inspected, we pack it into the original container to return it to the customer.
SRT is committed to operating in an environmentally responsible manner; therefore our chemical immersion process is compliant with all environmental standards. SRT is equipped with its own waste-water treatment system on site. Not only do we believe in reusing parts that were mistakenly coated, but we also believe in keeping our air and water clean.
Coating Removal For Ferrous Materials Include:
Steel, Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel, Steel Alloys
Benefits of Chemical Immersion
- Environmentally safe process and an efficient way to strip the coating from finished parts.
- Recommended paint stripping method for both ferrous and non-ferrous parts.
- Proven to remove organics from metals such as aluminum, aluminum wheels, stainless steel and thin gauged steel.
- Easily removes difficult coatings (E-coat, Powder Coats, Liquid Coat, Enamel, Polyester Paint, , Epoxies, Urethanes etc.)
- No etching or tarnishing of polished aluminum or brass surfaces
- Less stress on the substrate which allows for better coating ability than other methods.
- Clean surface with NO ash residue
“I received the trailer with the fuel lids. I just wanted to also thank the two of you and your associates for all your help, cooperation and quick responses.”
– Randy V., Operations Manager
Aluminum Motorcycle Exhaust Parts
Hard Plastic Crossbow Parts
Steel Fuel Filler Tubes, eCoating
Zinc Diecast for Appliance Parts (Powder Coat)
Steel Struts (eCoating)
Steel Brake Rotors (eCoating)
Aluminum Rims (Liquid Coat)
Stripping of Aluminum Part Fixture
Stripping of Steel Appliance Parts
Aluminum Masking Stripped through Chemical Immersion